Channels have 5 phases:
- Raise awareness
- Evaluation of the product
- Allow purchasing. This should be really easy
- Deliver the value proposition to the customer
- Provide customers with support after they’ve purchased to ensure they are happy
There are 2 types of channels.
- Direct channels
- Indirect channels
- Direct channels: Channels owned and operated by the business.
- Indirect channels: Channels owned and operated by a Key partner of the business.
Considerations when evaluating channels
- What expectations do the customers have? Ie Android users expect the product to be sold on the app store
- What advantages does each channel have over the others?
- What are the complexities of each channel?